La Guipière was once called La Guipitière. This place was attached to the seigneury of Le Pallet (15th century).
With the town of Clisson, Le pallet was one of the most influential seigneury in the area. In 1743, the sharecropping rents of the vines were collected by the Priory of Clisson Trinity. The buildings of the winery such as the stable, the saddlery, the orange grove and the tower reflects the influences of Tuscan architecture of the time. We can find around Clisson area, many structures built in this style, including “la Garenne Lemot”.
At the end of the 18th century, Château guipière was built and then destroyed about fifty years later in 1850. The owner, in her castle, had been very unlucky in her love life, that’s why she decided to ward off the spell. In 1946, the sharecropping vines were left to Camille Charpentier. Then their sons Joel and Jean-Paul took over the winery and made the acquisition thereafter.
Since the end of 2015, Château Guipière is the property of Philippe NEVOUX and Nicolas ROUTHIAU. The cultivation of the vine is ensured by Stéphane GOURAUD.